So, you’ve decided to buy a new snow plow for your ATV or Side by Side. With weather predictions hinting at a winter that could deliver snow by the foot, it’s safe to say you’ve made a wise decision. But now what?
If you’ve already started looking, you’ve probably realized that choosing the right Side by Side or ATV snow plow is not an easy task. There are many plow brands and models to choose from, with many different functions. There are manufacturer-specific plows to consider, as well as numerous aftermarket ones. On top of that, there are a lot of very useful snow plow accessories to sort through.
To make your selection process a little easier, we’ve prepared some essential facts (and a few candid thoughts) on some of the biggest names in ATV & UTV snow plows. Listed below are reviews for Western, Warn, KFI, Moose and Cycle Country. Each of these companies produce quality plows that will hold up season after season.
Still have questions after reading this post? Just call us at 717-469-4640! We’re more than happy to give you the answers you need to make a smart decision.
No matter what you decide, install your plow soon! Winter is coming…
Western UTV Plows
Brooks Rating: 9.5 (out of 10)
Located in the USA, Western is a name that is well known for producing top-of-the-line Truck and SUV plows. Offering both salt spreaders and v-plows for UTV’s, Western makes a product that is (in our opinion) far superior to what any other manufacturer is currently building.
- Proven in the commercial and residential truck industry for years. Very tough and dependable products
- Flared V- Plow Blades go from 25.25” in the center to 29.25” on the sides.
- Powder Coated Steel Flared Moldboard
- Comes with 5” high carbon steel cutting edge blade, which reduces wear and extends the life of the blade.
- Structurally reinforced: Six vertical ribs, coupled with high-strength, low-weight, alloy steel components provide a favorable strength-to-weight ratio keeping stress off of the UTV frame.
- Ultra-Lock, double acting cylinders allows the user to operate both wings at the same time, rather than individually.
- Double Acting Cylinders also allows for solid back dragging.
- Tough and Reliable Hydraulics
- Includes Hydraulic Scrape Lock to hold the blade down for efficient scraping and clean back dragging.
- Independent Trip Edge Design to protect the plow and the driver. Heavy Duty Springs
- Plowing available from 6’ wide to 4’ 7”
- NO USE OF WINCHES
- Easy to hook up and unhook.
- Receivers detachable to maintain ground clearance.
- Only one plows size at 6’ in width
- Limited on Manufacturers and models it’ll fit to, but they are coming out with more and more.
Brooks Rating: 8.5 (out of 10)
BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!
KFI Plows are highly recommended by many parts professionals we’ve worked with. If you’re looking for a heavy-duty ATV or UTV plow, then you’re looking at the right brand. KFI Plows come at a great price, but offer one of the most reliable systems out there. The is a large reason as to why we would list them as a top plow manufacturer for ATV’s & UTV’s.
- 100% made in the USA
- Size options: 48”, 54” or 60” for ATV’s and 66” or 72” for UTV’s
- Fully Adjustable Blade Skids with Bolt-On Brackets
- Heavy Duty 3” diameter grade- 50 steel skid plates
- Thicker 11-gauge steel construction.
- Only plow manufacturer to metal blast plows before power coating to finish. Best possibly finish.
- Wear Bar Attached with heavy duty grade 8 bolts
- Comes in Straight or Tapered Blades
- UTV plows come with rubber deflector to roll snow and prevent from coming over the top
- Offers affordable winch options
- 2-Year KFI Warranty
- Limited choice of mounting styles: Center Mt. for ATV’s and Front Mt. for Side by Sides.
- Manual Adjustments: The plows come winch operating with a manual pivoting system
Brooks Rating: 7.5 (out of 10)
Anyone who’s heard of Warn probably thinks about the winch that they’ve put on their ATV, SSV, or vehicle. Warn has been known, to most, as being a top-of-the-line winch manufacturer. What some people don’t know is that they also make a versatile plow system for both ATV’s and Side by Side’s. Below I’ve listed the pros and cons of their plow systems, as well as our recommendation.
- They have a more cost effective, standard, line of plows.
- There are many accessories to add to the plow system, including a hydraulic lift, and pivot system.
- 50” 54” & 60” sizes for ATV’s and 72” for side by side
- Made from a thick 12-gauge steel with heavy duty ribbing and a center cross member for added rigidity
- Straight or tapered blades
- Option of front mount or center mount brackets
- The price of the plows, like the winches, is above average. If you’re looking for a plow system, and are on a budget, then the Provantage plow by Warn might not be for you.
- Only one plow size offered for UTV’s
Quadrax Plow Systems
Brooks Rating: 8 (out of 10)
Looking for a plow manufacturer that gives you options? Look no further than Quadrax! They offer multiple plow types, as well as different push frames to tailor plowing to your needs.
- 3 different styles of blades to choose from; Steel Straight blade, Fully Equipped Reinforced Steel Blades, & Quad Action 72” heavy duty plow with adjustable angle wings.
- Offers 2 types of wear bars; Steel & Thermoplastic
- Offers 3 types of Push Tube Frames; Standard A-Frame Tubes, Auto-lock A frame push tubes, and T-Frame Extendable Articulating Auto lock push tube
- Thick 11-gauge steel on all blades.
- Offers winch options also.
- Entry Level only comes in 2 sizes, 54” & 60”.
- HD Plows only comes in 72” size
- Limited amounts of mounting kits for ATV’s & SSV’s
Brooks Rating: 8.5 (out of 10)
Moose Utility Division offers one of the most (if not the most) diverse lineups of snow plows available on the market today. Their plows made in the USA, Moose has straight blade plows, tapered plows, and V-Plows available. Look at the Pro’s and Con’s to see if this might be a unit for you.
- Blade sizes ranging from 42” up to 72”
- Large number of plow options, price points, and styles.
- V-Plows with multi positions, and remote hand held control
- Has many mounts for ATV’s and Side by Side’s. Also, has universal mounts for the units not listed in the fitment.
- Both Steel and Plastic wear bars available.
- V-Plow only available with winch lift
- Hydraulic Unit on V-Plow not made as well as what we’ve seen on some other v-plow assemblies.
Brooks Rating: 8.5 (out of 10)
Owned by Kolpin PowerSports, a big name in the powersports industry, Cycle Country offers a multitude of mounting systems, as well as the only poly plow assembly that we’ve seen! Coming from a dealership that also sold truck plows, I know how important poly plow blades can be! They prevent snow stick and buildup, and reduce the weight on the front of the vehicle. Below are some pros and cons to help you decide if these are right for you.
- Offer a lighter weight poly blade in 3 different sizes; 52”, 60”, and 72”.
- Offer multiple mounting positions including: Front Mount, Forward Mount, & Mid-Mount for ATV’s.
- Multiple straight blade sizes including 48”, 54”, 60”, and 72”
- Limited Lifetime warranty on products
- Made with 12-gauge steel rather than 11-gauge like some other manufacturers
- Limited plow choices. Only offer straight blade, and 2 sizes of tapered plow blades.